Hi everyone,
I am Tiffany, a fourth year university student at the University of Regina. I am studying to be a Math and Science teacher, so when I finish up at university in two years I will be looking for my own classroom to teach in. I am excited to check out your blogs and read about what you are learning. To be honest, I am very new to blogging and am still getting used to it, but so far so good. I don't know much about Spanish apart from some counting words and greetings. So hopefully during my time with your class I can learn a thing or two! When I was in school the only other language class offered was French, so I took that. Although I've heard that the two languages have some similarities I can't really say because I don't the basics of Spanish even. Well, I think this tells a little bit about me and where I am at in my education. Looking forward to seeing your work! Cheers.
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)
Is french hard to speak? Why do yo want to teach math or science? What do you enjoy doing?
ResponderEliminarHallo I'm Kunsorya. I have a friend who took French in Louisiana and now she's trying to teach me to speak it too. Why is French the only language offered there?
ResponderEliminarHi I'm Alex. Well Alexandra but thats too long...You want to be a math and science teacher? I like science just not math haha. Do you like school? I sort of do. How come you only had French as an option? How many languages do you speak. I speak English and Tagalog! But I'm learning Spanish. Also I know some French and Japanese words but only a little bit.
ResponderEliminarI'm kinda new to blogging too. I started when I was in Spanish class. I think it's cool that you like Math and Science, those are my worst subjects... I wish i knew French. It's one of the languages i want to learn. Bye!
ResponderEliminarHello, y name is Sarah.Did you enjoy French or was it difficult? Also why is it the only language they have?
ResponderEliminarIs it really hard to take those classes? Why is French only offered in Canada?
ResponderEliminar-Kathy
Hello my name is Karen. So you want to be a math/science teacher, I like science better, but that's just my opinion. Hope you keep on blogging. Cheers.
ResponderEliminarP.S. I think japanese would be a cool language to learn, and so would french.
How long have you been in school? you said you wanted 2 teach math or science what grade do you want to teach? well what ever it is BEST OF LUCK hope to talk to you soon and get to know you a bit more! =)
ResponderEliminarHello my name is daisy learning french sounds fun. I hope you'll like our future blog posts.
ResponderEliminarHello, my name is Maddison. I also like math and plan to learn French next year. What year of French are you in? How much longer will you be in college?
ResponderEliminarHi everyone!
ResponderEliminarThis might be a better way to reach all of you. I did some individual blogging to some of your blog posts, but can't remember who all I got to. And I'm really sorry it has taken me this long to get back to you, it has been busy.
@ Camila. Hi, and thanks for your questions. I don't think French is too hard. Like anything new though there are some difficulties, but the more you practice the easier it become. Probably just like speaking Spanish. Now that it is near the end of the school year, is it a bit easier to speak, write and understand Spanish? My favourite classes when I was in school were math and science. I had amazing teachers that I could learn from so I really did enjoy these subjects. I like how math is very LOGICAL. There are steps to follow to reach the answer; it seems very structured. And I loved all the fun experiments we got to do in science. In Grade 7 we dissected a worm and a frog, in Grade 8 we grew bacteria in petri dishes from around the school and Grade 9 we got make a commercial video trying to sell one of the elements off of the periodic table. And I really enjoy to travel. I've been lucky enough to visit England, France, the Greek island Rhodes, Austrailia, the North Island on New Zealand and Fiji. I've also been to different states in the United States too.
@Kunsorya. My what an interesting name you have. Probably the most interesting name of someone I know is Zhinus. But why does your blog name say Elena? That is really cool that you are learning French from your friend in Louisiana. How often do you see your friend? Do you live close to your friend? French is only offered in our school because there was only one teacher who could speak anything but English; I was in a small rural school. But now that I am in university, there are all sorts of languages you can take. German, Chinese, Spanish, French, Cree and the list goes on...
@ Alex. Hi, and I would love to teach math and science when I finish my course in two years at university. I love school. I suppose I picked a good career in teaching since I'll be spending lots of time at school although this time I'll be the teacher instead of a student. My favourite subject was always math. I just found it easier to wrap my head around than English. You say you like science? What things are your favourite in science class? In university, I took some science classes and I even got to where a white lab coat and glasses. Like from an episode of CSI or something... haha And apart from having only one teacher who could speak any language other than English, French is Canada's second language and it is usually offered in all schools. And I have to ask what language is Tagalog? It sounds very interesting, and I'm impressed how many languages you are familiar with. That's great.
@ Lorena. Is this your real name? Just wondering because I can't figure out why some of your classmates have two different names. I only started blogging in May, actually for this class I am doing now. But what a cool way to express your thoughts and even comment on other people's work from around the world. Like I am in Canada and you are in the United States, pretty cool right? I think math and science are my favourite because my brain likes to think predominantly on its left side. Have you ever heard of this? If you really like logical things like math, science, and even statistics, you use the left side of your brain more. And creativity is controlled by the right side of the brain; with classes like English and Art. Sometimes people use an equal amount from each side. Which one do you think you are?
@ Sarah. Hi. Now do you spell your name with an 'h' or no 'h'? Just wondering what the difference is. Some people like to spell my name Tiff'eny' instead of Tiff'any'. Im not sure why. French was hard from me in the beginning. I remember my first French class in Grade 7 and my teacher asked me to go up to the chalkboard and conjugate a verb. I had no idea what I was doing. But now that I have taken French for about 7 years it is much easier now. I even spent a week in France and ordered my own meal. It was really cool to hear all the French people speak. I forgot about using English, because I didn't hear it very often.
ResponderEliminar@ Kathy. I don't think taking language classes are too difficult. The more you practice, the easier it gets, right? Do you find after taking a semester of Spanish you are understanding it better than in the beginning. More languaes are offered in Canada, but just in my school when I was in Grade 7 to Grade 12 French was the only foreign language offered. Since I went to a small school, there was only one teacher who could teach another language and that was French. Also because Canada is a bilingual country with both English and French as the official languages, French is most likely to pop up in even a small school like mine.
@ Karen. What does Maite mean? Just curious what you blog name is. I would love to learn so many languages. My families heritage is German and I would love to learn more. I know a few words, but not much more than that. But I figure, I should get really good in my second language, French, before I try to learn another ontop of that. Japanese would be neat. I would especially like to learn how to write it. I love the detail in each character; it seems like it would take so long to write one character. Science is a very interesting class. What things do you like about science? Things about the earth? plants? animals? the experiments?
@ Olivia. Well, I finished my Grade 12 in 2006 and I have just finished my third year at the University of Regina. I have two years left until I become a certified teacher. In about a year from now, next March, I'll get to be in a school around the city of Regina and teach for three weeks straight. I can't wait, it will be so much fun. I am training to be able to teach Math and Science in high school. So from Grade 9 to Grade 12. But I could teach in elementary too.
@ Daisy. Hi, I do think learning French is fun. It gives me a challenge to understand a whole new way of saying words and phrases I know in English. And maybe I can use them someday. Actually, I got to order my own meal in France when I went travelling a couple years ago. Even though I made some mistakes, the French people just like that we are willing to try.
ResponderEliminar@ Maddison. We have a couple things in common you know. Why is it that you like math? When I was in Grade 9, I had a really good teacher who made math easier to understand. I also like that it is logical and usually there is only one right answer. Will you be taking a French class? I have taken 7 years of French. That many makes it sound that I should be fluent in it already, but I still have alot to learn. I can speak more than basic French, but I have a bit more difficulty understanding someone who is speaking to me in French. I hope someday, I'll be able to speak it even better. I have a few more open classes in university, so I'll probably take another French class to learn even more. I have two years left in university until I'll be able to teach in my own classroom.
Thank you everyone for all of your questions. It really is great to learn about people from different places. What do you like to do for fun? Is there something interesting that you have done lately? My interesting story of the week is that I taught an online lesson about the Geography of Western Canada to students in Ontario. Have a great day! Hope to hear from you soon.
Cheers,
Tiffany
Hi! My blog name comes out as Elena is because we signed up using our Spanish names we chose in class. My friend is from Louisiana but she moved here so I get to see her everyday. And now she's trying to get me into wearing a dress....Oh that is so cool on how many foreign languages you can take at a university. I agree with you that math is logical. I think it's my favorite and the easiest I think...Talk to you soon.
ResponderEliminarI haven't always liked math, but I've actually been enjoying algebra this year. I guess since I understand it pretty well, it's fun to me. I think my career will possibly include math. I want to learn as many languages as I can, so that's why I'm taking French. I also plan on taking Chinese in the farther future. What kind of math are you teaching? (algebra, geometry, trig, etc.?) What grade?
ResponderEliminarEste comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
ResponderEliminarWhy did you choose to be a Math and Science teacher? Math and Science are my worst subjects, I'm not very good at them and it is also very confusing. Also why was French language offered there? And what made you want to learn Spanish besides the fact that it is kinda similar.
ResponderEliminarhttp://cacahuates7.blogspot.com/
OH yeah here's my blog link
ResponderEliminarhttp://quesoes.blogspot.com/
Queso is cheese btw.
you can call me Souphon :D hmm.. im good in science but i forget what i learn easily. I love math it has always been easy for me to understand because there are always steps just like you said. French seems hard to tell you the truth Spanish isn't easy not for me. So how was Fiji. here is a link to my blog: http://souphonjulio30.blogspot.com/
ResponderEliminarHello again, Karen is a name that means pure :), which is pretty cool, and maite means lovable or dearly loved its origin is spanish, i chose this as my spanish name because it was really unique and it stood out to me. Since I was look up meanings of names I searched yours and it means Appearance of a God and it's Greek. You seem really excited when it comes to teaching well the bell is about to ring so CHEERS!
ResponderEliminar